cutest blog on the block

Friday, February 6, 2009

Fourth Graders in Cali

I went to the mailbox the other day and imagine my surprise to find a big manilla envelope with Ian's name on it. It was from a fourth grade class in California (their teacher is friends with my mom). They had all made Ian the most adorable handmade cards and they have all been recycling as a class for him. I was amazed to find a check for hundreds of dollars from the cans and plastic bottles they've kept. (Anyone know of a recyling place in KS?) The other really interesting part of the story is it was for an odd amount and it was the same exact amount to the penny of a bill that we paid the day before. It was a reminder to me that we are indeed being looked over and blessed; by friends, by family, by strangers, by God. I am so grateful and touched by everyone's continual thoughtfulness on Ian's account.

2 comments:

Olivia W. said...

Wow!! That's incredible Corie!

Jenni said...

Really, what a blessing. You guys truly have been watched over...