Ian's appointment today was pretty much the same as his last few appointments. We showed up at 9:30 where they drew blood and gave him a dose of Vincristine. His counts were high these past few times and if they had been high today, then they would have upped his chemo. Instead, he was pretty low. Not quite low enough to go into quarantine but about 150 points away from it so we are cutting his chemo in half this week to see if it helps. I don't know how it can change so much when we aren't changing his chemo regimen at home. I guess alot has to do with how his body is processing everything.
We had to go up to the new floor again. It is pretty boring up there. The old floor had a big playroom, wii's, crafts, and you could socialize with the other moms and kids while you waited for your medicine and bloodwork results to come back. On the new floor, everyone is isolated in their own rooms and all you have to do is pretty much play with the things you brought with you or watch t.v. Time goes by a lot slower.
Emma came with us this time since it was spring break. Lauryn couldn't come because she has had a high fever for the past 4 days and can't be around the ALL kids with lowered immune systems. She stayed home resting where she pretty much chatted online nonstop with Mike, or on the phone with me. The poor girl has been quarantined up in her room the past few days to try to not pass anything on to Ian so I just took her in to the Doctor and found out she has mono. I was pretty surpised to hear that diagnosis! I didn't know you could get it so young. I told her to quit kissing so many boys but she really didn't like that comment:)
Between Ian just getting chemo and Lauryn being wiped out from mono, we are taking it easy this week. It's Spring Break so it's a bummer we can't do as much as we wanted to, but at least Lauryn won't have to miss school or anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lauryn has mono?! I had no idea kids could get that! I had it as a teenager and I know it's not the funnest! Poor girl. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you all. Hope Ian's counts go back up this week! As always, we're thinking of you.
I bet Lauryn is relieved to not have to miss school too...
Post a Comment