cutest blog on the block

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Steroid Cure

Most of you who are faithful followers of this blog know what steroids do to Ian. He turns into Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. The other morning, he was in an extremely irrational crying mood. I was doing my best to console him but nothing was working. Then, all of a sudden, I had an idea...

My dad had a cartoon he loved as a child. I listened to his very vivid descriptions of the cartoon that he watched and enjoyed. The details he could remember were extremely descriptive and precise. They were so good in fact, that my brother-in-law was actually able to figure out what cartoon it was and find it on you tube.

We also watched it as a family and my kids instantly fell in love with it. It is hilarious. I had him sit down and watch the cartoon. It took all of about 30 seconds until the tears were dry and the corners of his mouth began to turn up into a smile. By the time the cartoon got to the sunshine song, he couldn't resist chiming in and singing along (it's just one of those cartoons).

It took a while to figure out what they are saying but it goes:
"Sunshine, sunshine,
I just love the good old golden sunshine
Sunshine, sunshine
Just the thing to keep you feeling fine."

The transformation from grumpy boy to happy boy was amazing! It is ironic because the cartoon is actually about the happy people versus the sad people. In the cartoon, the happy people prevail and it proved the case in our home too.

Here is the link to the cartoon if you are interested:
It's old and not good quality, but give it a chance and watch the whole thing. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tZKZiIn1Yg

No comments: