


Ian has been WILD!!! He is teasing and irritating his sisters so you know he is feeling well. It's funny, because the past few times I have taken Ian somewhere, without him even doing anything someone has said, "Oh, he is a rascal isn't he?" He has that little twinkle in his eyes that tells you his mind is up to something. I guess it has been a while since we've seen it but I am glad it's back!
Ian went to a birthday party the other day. It was one of the first ones he's been to in a long time (if ever, I really can't remember him going to one before). He was so excited to go and was talking about it all morning. When we got there he was so shy even around all of his friends that he is normally comfortable around. He must have kept his head buried in my shoulder for at least the first 20 minutes. Finally, I got him to look out by having him take pictures but he still wouldn't look at anyone directly. It wasn't until the end of the party when it was pinata time that he opened up.
It's funny, in some ways he seems like he has regressed a little- he's more shy, more cautious, and talks like a baby alot- but in other ways he seems so much older. It's almost like it's just this look in his eye of an understanding of what is going on that is more than you would expect a 3 year old to comprehend. I don't exactly know how to explain it. He is definitely more compassionate- Lauryn got the tiniest little scrape on her leg and he was so concerned about her and demanded that I give her a band-aid so she could feel better. The next thing I know, he had walked up to her and given her a hug and a kiss to comfort her.
2 comments:
What a sweetheart! Love that he's so concerned about his sisters when he's going through so much himself.
Glad he was able to go to the B-day party! Fun stuff!
What a sweet boy to want to make Lauryn feel better. I was listening to a song the other day thinking of my Dad and David and thought of your family too. He's My Son by Mark Schultz. It's a tear jerker. I'm so glad Ian is feeling better.
love,
Laurie
Post a Comment