cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Entry 37

Ian had a follow-up MRI today. They wanted to see if the blood clot in his brain has gotten smaller. We should hear the results tomorrow. I hope it is small enough so he can go off the blood thinners. It would be nice to have a break from giving him shots. His poor little legs are black and blue from all the shots we have to give him. Plus, because his blood is thin, he bruises and bleeds alot easier. He is getting used to them though. He actually sang through one of his shots the other day and if he thinks I've forgotten to give it to him, he reminds me.

He was so out of it after the MRI. The nurses loaded sheets and blankets into a wagon and then Ian got to go for a ride. It would have been a long hike carrying all his dead weight to the car so I was glad for the wagon. I got him in the car and buckled and he instantly unbuckled his seatbelt and ran out of the car trying to take the blankets and sheets from the wagon. We repeated this little charade for 5 minutes with him crawling over the seats and getting out the doors I was far away from. I child locked the ones that I could, but it was obvious he wasn't going to keep his seatbelt on and he was crying so irrationally and having such a complete meltdown (mainly due to the drugs) that I gave in and we "borrowed" the sheets and blanket (I will return them at his appt tomorrow). He was asleep in about 2 minutes and slept for about 4 hours when we got home. Then he woke up and had to make up for lost time by drawing on the walls, getting into nailpolish and getting it all over hisself, the floor, and his clothes, dumping water all over Emma's dinner plate, and dumping out every box of toys we own. While I was cleaning up one mess, he was making another. Got to love side effect of drugs! Apparently he is feeling better. He wouldn't have had the energy to do any of those things a month ago. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: