cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ian's Thanksgiving Day Weekend

I just barely got the results from the kidney scan and VCUG Ian had done last Tuesday. Although his right kidney has enlarged significantly since his last ultrasound, it is still functioning as it should. The Doc felt we could continue to watch it at this point and not have to do surgery or anything at the moment. He will have a follow-up appointment to have another ultrasound done in 3 months so hopefully, it will be the same or better. The original hope was that it would correct itself on its own so we'll just sit tight and wait. I have hope it will do just that.

Ian's grandparents came in for Utah for Thanksgiving and he was spoiled rotten of course (we all were actually). They unloaded present after present for the kids and they are still on a sugar high from all the treats they were given. I barely had to lift a finger as they suggested that we go out for Thanksgiving. We ended up having a nice relaxing dinner at Mimi's cafe. They served turkey and all the trimmings. Easiest Thanksgiving I ever made! All I had to do was make reservations.

On Friday, we went to Independence MO to the LDS vistor's center there. We have been meaning to go for a while but this was the first time we actually made it. They had a big Creche display with 300+ different nativity scenes. The kids loved the playroom. It had a covered wagon with a play horse pulling it that you could sit in and pretend you were driving, a well with a bucket you could lower and raise, and a little house with dishes and stuff. (I forgot my camera, bummer). We also headed over to the Liberty jail. Ian was so excited and kept saying, "We are going to jail!" It is usually not a good thing, but I let him be excited instead of explaining that to him.

We (Mike, his parents, and myself) learned the hard way that we are to never again play a game of chickenfoot with Ian and the girls. They absolutely smoked us! We didn't stand a chance of winning. Unfortunately, it wasn't just once. It was night after night. It was an absolute embarrassment. The kids had a blast though and were so proud of their winnings.

We also spent a lot of time going through old family videos (some much older than others). It is amazing to see how much Ian has grown in the past 6 months. I don't know if he would have shot up like this on his own, or if some of it can be attributed to the steroids.

I was horrible about taking pictures when they were here. Mike got a lot of video though so I'll have him turn some into still shots and then we'll post it so you can get an idea of the weekend.

No comments: