cutest blog on the block

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Entry 45

I know that many of you will be checking the site today since Thursdays are our appointment days so I don't want to disappoint all of his loyal friends by not writing anything. Ian didn't have an appointment today. We are on an every other week schedule right now. So, next week, we'll know more what his counts are and when he goes back in the hospital for the start of round 2.

He continues to amaze me with his energy and attitude about everything. I often forget that he is even sick at times. He threw the biggest temper tantrum today so things truly feel back to normal. His lego car broke into a ton of pieces when he threw it (imagine that being so sturdy made of legos and all). Emma tried to help him fix it and he thought she was trying to take it away so he hit her. I immediately confiscated the car and placed it on the highest shelf in my closet. He kind of looked at me like, "Yeah, so what" and shut my closet door so he could try to figure out how to get it down. It took about 30 seconds before I start hearing him crying, yelling, and beginning to melt down. I told him he couldn't have the car back until he apologized to Emma for hitting her. Well, as you can imagine, that went well and he freaked out even more. I completely ignored him (which made him even madder) and began spitting for about 5 minutes straight. There was seriously this big wad of spit on the carpet from him (so gross, yes I cleaned it up). He finally calmed down but it took him 3 hours to apologize. He also drank alot of water after that. I guess he really dehydrated himself between all the crying and spit.

Anyway, this normally would have really ruffled my feathers; but I actually found it entertaining. His strong will is exactly what we need to beat this and I am glad to have him so I'll put up with his fits. They don't last forever right?

No comments: