The girls have started school and Ian had been sad. Thankfully, it's not a repeat of last year. When the bus would come, he would try to run out and get on it and then the screaming, kicking, and spitting would begin as I picked him up and carried him to the house. A few times, he unlocked the door and took off running down the street. I am not going to even tell you how far he got before I caught him, it's far too embarrassing. At the open house where we met the girls teachers, I happened to run into 2 of my neighbors who unbeknowst to me, witnessed this charade every day and asked me if I thought he was going to handle the girls leaving on the bus (not my proudest moment). I can say that although there are tears as they leave, he has not repeated any embarrassing behavior. Ian does continuously ask for friends to come over and he really wants me to buy him a backpack (he thinks that having a backpack is the golden ticket he needs to get on the bus).
Ian had an appointment tomorrow so I will fill you in after we get the results from his tests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment