

Ian got admitted today but don't worry, it is actually a good thing. We knew there was a possibility of him being hospitalized today; it's a standard hospital stay that everyone has to do. We just didn't know if his counts would be high enough or not, but thankfully they were. I am glad we can do this now and continue to move forward instead of having to put it off and wait. Now we can start the maintenance phase that much sooner!!!
He has been in such a good mood. Last time, he cried almost the whole entire time that he just wanted to go home. Luckily, Lego Batman came out today. I brought it to him while he was still in the hemoc clinic and he was so excited to play it, he could barely wait to get up to his room (lets not lie here, I was pretty excited myself; and by the way it is the hardest out of all the Lego games). I don't know how or when I turned into such a nerd.
Anyway, he is getting a few new kinds of chemo. One of them is very taxing on the bladder and kidneys so they are keeping him hooked up on an IV and monitoring his fluid intake/outake very closely. From what I understand, he can also have an allergic reaction to it as well so I had to bring along the good old Epipen. Hopefully we will not need it.
We are in a really big room as far as hospital rooms go. We are actually in the bone marrow transplant wing of the Hemoc floor. It is completely secure and you have to go through 3 sets of doors to get in that won't open until the other one shuts. In between the doors, you have to wash your hands before exiting the final set of doors that lead to his room. We are only in this section of the hospital because the other beds were full so hopefully, this will be our final visit to the marrow transplant floor.
The photos are from his hospital stay today. In the first one he is getting ready to go for a ride on his IV stand and as you can tell from his smile, he's pretty excited about it. The second shot, we are getting a break from our room and he is playing a game of pinball.
No comments:
Post a Comment