cutest blog on the block

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Report of the Day

Ian had an appointment today. They pretty much checked to see where his blood levels are and to give him a dose of chemo. His immunity is gone so we are completely in quarantine. The computer was actually really slow this morning and I didn't know where he was when I left but I thankfully had him in a mask on the way to the car. However, I took him to the Deanna Rose farmstead in the afternoon without a mask thinking he'd probably be safe since we were outside. We were there a few minutes when I spoke with the nurse and she told me he was neotropenic (basically no immunity) which means he can't even go to a park. She heard all the noise in the background and asked where we were so I told her. I could tell that it was not smart of me to be there by her reaction so we instantly left. I hope Ian didn't pick up any germs because of his clueless mom.

I noticed his hair has started looking thinner and when I brushed my hand across the top of his head, he was shedding. Dang. I totally thought we were going to somehow beat the bald since we've gone so long without the chemo effecting him. Oh well. There are worse things by far. Hopefully it will start growing in before it gets too cold. Mike has said that if he gets upset by it, he will let Ian personally shave off his hair so they can be bald together.

I thought this was hilarious. Ian and I went through the bank drive through yesterday while the girls were in piano lessons to make a deposit. They gave him, not one, but 2 lollipops. I thought he would eat both for sure; but I was wrong. He finished one, and paitiently held the other for an hour waiting for the girls to be done. He told me, "I am going to give this lollipop to Lauryn when she is done with piano. She is going to be so happy." I started to think, "Oh how sweet." I no sooner finished that train of thought when he added with a huge grin , "And Emma will be so sad." He totally didn't care about making Lauryn happy as much as ticking off Emma. Such a little stinker. I have to say though, she kind of brought it on herself. They have been pushing each others buttons these past few days. Ah, siblings.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

Hi Corie, I just heard from your mom & was reading up on Ian's blog.
My heart goes out to you & your family. I was reading about the first couple days & just want to ball. I could not imagine how that news must have felt. I hope Ian's progess continues & that he's able to stay germ free during this crucial time. We will certainly keep your family & Ian in our prayers.