Well, we are home now and Ian is so happy to be here. It was funny because when I was getting him dressed he was kissing his jeans and being wild.
He is extremely sore right now. I don't know if it is from the stroke and his muscles tensing up, from all the shots in his legs, or for other reasons, but he is having a hard time walking right now. He kind of tiptoes around with us holding our hands out in front of him. It's kind of like teaching him to walk for the first time all over again. I am guessing that will go away soon.
Mike and I are giving him shots now and he is being so brave about them. He just sits there and takes them like the tough little guy he is. The girls were complaining because I was making them take some cough medicine (they've been coughing alot at night). I pointed out how tough Ian was being about all his horrible tasting medicine and his shots so I think they will be troopers from now on.
Ian had his last dose of the steroid last night (for awhile anyway) so he should start looking like himself in the next month or two. He was pretty good with his emotions being in check, there were a few episodes every now and then, but even his emotions should get back to normal (I can't even complain. I heard horror stories about how their personalities could change and he was still super sweet despite it all).
Many thanks to all of you for your many messages, prayers, and all your support. It makes this experience easier knowing we aren't alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment