cutest blog on the block

Friday, May 23, 2008

Entry 24


I keep looking at Ian and thinking, "He looks flushed." I feel his cheeks and he is fine, no hint of sweat. Then I realize, it's because he actually has color now since he isn't so anemic. It's been so long since I've seen him with color, I keep forgetting.

He is definitely back personality wise. The emotional side caused from the steroids is pretty much gone. It is so fun to see him be wild and a rascal again. All the weight he put on is beginning to leave, although most of you still probably wouldn't recognize him.

We had our first outing with him yesterday since this all began a month ago (it's hard to believe that it's only been a month, it feels so much longer). The girls and I had a piano/harp recital so he and Mike came to cheer us on. (You see him here in the picture holding my trophy for me). Then we got some dinner at our favorite thai place where we happened to run into some friends who coincidentally were there as well. We are hoping to take him swimming or bowling tommorow while his counts are still high. He is getting his last dose (for a while) of the vincristine chemo on Thursday and that always drops his levels so we are taking advantage of him feeling well while we can.

1 comment:

nana said...

bmmgrCorie and Mike, thank you for keeping up the blog. It's wonderful now to keep up with Ian and all of you, and in the end it will be a priceless journal. there have been some days of great duress and stress and I don't know how you have had the presence of mind to write, but you have. Your'e amazing!

Its so great to hear that Ian's energy and personality are coming back. He's always been such a very special guy.

Did you all get trophys, or just you, Corie? I'm so proud of you and the girls that you had time to learn your songs and perform. You are all amazing!

Much love, mom