Ian has been asking to go bowling for a long time, so we went yesterday. I am so disappointed, I completely forgot to take the camera or I'd have pictures! He was excited and happy to be there so he was great about wearing his mask the whole time. I didn't know how he would do because he has had some difficulty walking without being on his tiptoes or limping. He did great! In fact, I am embarrassed to say that I beat him by only 1 point. It was a long game for it took a full minute for his ball to roll down the alley, it went so slow; but he hit a good amount of pins every time. Towards the end, he would watch and start jumping up and down as he saw the pins begin to fall. He could barely clear the air as he jumped, it is nothing compared to what he used to be able to do, but I was so happy he had energy to try it nonetheless. As the weight continues to come off and the vincristine side effects wear off (it is effecting the nerves in his hands and feet), he will be back to where he was if not even better.
Our neighborhood pool opened as well so we went to check that out for a little bit. The water was freezing so we didn't really swim, but Ian enjoyed walking around up to his knees in it. Anything we can do to help him feel normal is so important. He was happy to be there regardless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey guys Robb here just checking in. I'm glad to see things are more stable. Karra and I are always thinking about you all. We're so sorry we missed you playing in your recital, please think of us for future plays and events. Hang in there, let us know if you need anything even just to talk.
Robb
Post a Comment